THE NC MENU
The tale of two parties! One party kit, two lash bash parties, two different states!
Half of the lash bash party stayed in NC, and here is our menu…
We’re always trying to eat clean, gluten free and vegan, but we’re not always successful, because we are foodies! So we try to make our healthy food delicious and sometimes we just indulge. The cake is pure indulgence and the rest are a little bit more on the healthy side 🙂
This is a traditional guatemalan recipe “borracho” or drunk cake, usually would have whipped cream instead of buttercream.
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8″ pan (I used a 6″ and divided the batter in 3 batches).
- Mix and sift dry ingredients.
- Separate egg whites and yolks.
- With stand mixer beat the egg whites with the vanilla extract using the whisk attachment until they’re stiff and shiny.
- Add the egg yolks gently and one by one, until they’re well incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and with a spatula start folding the dry ingredients slowly and gently (I used the mix attachment, but folding by hand is highly recommended).
- Pour the batter in the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile is time to make the drunk part of the cake!!
1 cup water
1 cinnamon stick
4 tbsp rum
Mix the sugar, water and cinnamon and boil them. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and let it cool. Add the rum and it’s ready!
When the cake is cool, cut it horizontaly in two pieces and soak it overnight with the rum syrup.
Decorate as you wish!
I fill it with strawberries and buttercream! 😛
Needles to say… they loved it!!
Want to see the finish cake? click here!
Cake pop sticks
Pieces of ribbon
No instructions needed… picture here
This is a traditional Chilean cocktail called “Borgoña”
Blend strawberries, wine and sugar to wanted consistency and sweetness.
This are simple cucumber cups filled with hummus
Romaine lettuce hearts
Make your favorite tuna salad and scoop it on curvy lettuce leaves 😉
Hope you enjoyed it!